Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 481



The story behind this fish is...A guy in the New Baltimore area got my number from someone, he had a Red Devil, an Oscar and about four fry(F1&F2). These fry were a result of the Red Devil and a Jaguar breeding. He wanted to give me the Red Devil, which killed the Jaguar after breeding. The Red Devil is currently in 380gal. doing great! About 6 months later he was selling his tank and wanted to get rid of Oscar and the Red Devil/Jaguar fry. This is one of the fry F1, this was the worst one...tail was bit off when it was small. It is turning into one of my favorites...yellow with black markings on it's back. It is about 4", and eats like crazy. It lives in tank #7 with the same large Oscar 12" divided with Red Terror. The other Red Devil/Jaguar fry is in 155gal. bowfront tank...both F2 fry perished, sorry to say. This would have been a fish that someone would just discard, because of the condition, no tail...but he is really turning into something to look at! Thank you to that guy...can't remember your name, but if you read this, drop me a response...Joe.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joe, The name was Shane. Good to see the little guy doing so well! I see you are getting into posting up vids-it would be cool if you would post up a vid of the red Oscar and this little guy. I would like to see them again. Awesome job on keeping up with the hobby man, I know it’s a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shane! Great fish, I will post a video in the near future!

    ReplyDelete