Saturday, January 7, 2012

Acrylic Hex





The story behind this one is...I rubbed out this 50-70gal. acrylic hexagon tank,and black acrylic stand and hood, years ago for a guy. He paid me in tanks, two 55gal. and all the accessories. Years later he needed some painting done in his house, and wanted to pay me with this tank. Me having a paint business, and an aquarium nut, I agreed. This tank sat in my basement for awhile...empty, just never got around to filling it. In April of last year I sold it either on http://www.craigslist.com/  or http://www.michiganreefers.com/ , hated to see it go. Got a hit on a forum page from this guy...I'm bad with names. Turns out he set it up and did a great job! Thanks for the update and pictures, it looks alot better at your place than in my basement, empty. Great work!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Joe, I was wondering if you would possibly take in three lamp eye tetras. I like them, but i need the tank they are in for future fry. I dont have any plans for them anyways, there just in the way!
    Thanks,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Drop them off when you can, call me first to be sure i'm home. Thanks...Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I have been trying to find a home for them! My mom will be as happy as me to know there going to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome, you shouldn't be trying when you know I always take fish! Call me when your ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alrighty! I just didnt want to be a bother seeings how earlier you said you were over stocked....then i realized i was not asking for you to take in a huge pacu or oscar! But thanks Joe! We REALLY appreciate it!
    Ps. I have had them for about six weeks, Happy fish, look very healthy to me, no ick or fin rot , etc.
    - Bree

    ReplyDelete
  6. True sometimes I am overstocked, but it never hurts to ask...

    ReplyDelete