Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 446

I had some fish find new homes, I was getting overstocked. Some went to friends and some went to a school fish tank in Rob's class. Post a picture soon. Female Oscar went to Rob's house. 10 day ick treatment worked in tank#3 and #4. Old Flowerhorn in tank#2 had infection on his body and head, this tank temperature was raised to 86* and salt added. At day 5 the infection is looking better, I will hold the high temp. and salt for five more days then a 50% water change. Holiday break we(Rob and I) will work on his stand, needs to be rewelded, and build a double stand for my 220gal.&180gal. Rob is planning on taking "Big Boy Flowerhorn" home over the break.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about your ick problem, i just got a lyretail that i though was the healthiest thing in the world....till i found four spots on her. Im using tetra life guard, and trating all the fish in my 10 gal. cause i didnt see it till she was in there for a day=[. any suggestions? thanks, Bri emaIL, pixiebri@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a teaspoon of salt for every 10 gal, and a temperature raise to 86* for 10 days.Works on ick and injuries, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aquarium salt! And a 50% water change after the 10 day cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I will definetlydo that in the future! I appreciate your help! I'm writing this down! =] We actually returned her, I was not going to deal with it,I just cna`t beilve I din't catch it when we got her, maybe the lady grabbed the wrong one....oh well, now i know what to do abut ick! I will soon be putting water in my 55 gallon! then cycle! Thanks again Joe! Bri

    ReplyDelete