Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 316

Consumers Energy decided to do some maintenance starting at midnight last night. They sent a post card of this power outage, I disregarded it. My family woke me last night...no power. My daughter said she checked on facebook and the power would be out until 7am. I set up my generator and ran power to the tanks...too much for one 5000w generator. I spent the night in 3 hour shifts of rotating zones and gassing up generator. 7:20am the power came back on...for 40 min. then a brownout.***Always shutdown power to house...brownout can cause damage to all running motors! My daughters facebook said there was a fire engine at consumers building. 40 min. was just enough time to rehook everything up and put extension cords away. I waited an hour then took everything back out and hooked it up again. The power came back on at 1pm. Only one fatality, fantail goldfish. This fish was sick and couldn't take the stress. I'm beat, generator saved my ass again!

No comments:

Post a Comment