Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 225



I found that before I sealed 75gal., I looked at center support. The support was weak and brittle, Sean told me that this tank was used for salt water. The high intensity light used for salt water tank can make this support brittle, could cause future disaster if it was to snap. I decided to take this plastic support piece off and get new (2-3 week delivery). The third picture is tank ready for reseal, I will do that tonight... Pacu update: they adjusted to their new home, not eating yet. Its ok, some fish don't eat for up to 2 weeks when moved...Decided against setting up pond, I think we will rebuild 140gal. again tonight and thin out 380gal...Got the rest of the pieces for 380gal. new filter, hope to do that in next couple days...Did 25% water change, vacuumed gravel and filter cleanings on tanks#17-#21...Moved shark catfish out of 380gal. to tank#10 divided, he was trying to eat skin off of Pacu. He did the same thing to African Knife fish before in tank#14, and had to be moved...African Leaf fish had to be moved from 380gal. to tank#16, he was to small for new Pacu, I thought they might treat him as a snack!...Robs coming over to help me rebuild 140gal., minus the vodka this time! Maybe we will have better luck...

1 comment:

  1. minus the vodka this time! Maybe we will have better luck...

    HAHA - yeah I think it might help!

    Shane

    ReplyDelete