Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 144

Man where do I start! Ok, went to two pet shops on M-59 yesterday. Went to Highland Tropical first, wide selection. Had my eye on some extra large silver dollars and a 8" Pacu, and 4" Buttikoferi. Next stop was Pet Suppliers, been a while since I have been there. The shop was empty, as in they moved. Thought I would drive around and look for the store, I found it across the street. He has a great layout in the store and wide selection of fresh and salt water. I would recommend you trying this store out...its great! One thing that caught my attention is that he said he installed an automatic water change system on all his freshwater tanks, It changes10 percent of the water per day. I want to learn more about this. Left there, went home and cleaned the silicone off back panel of 140 leaker, front panel is all that's left then I will put it together. Rob came by, brought his barred Midas. I wanted to put his fish in tank #9 with my barred Midas, but I had to find a place for the large Red Devil I got from Shane. This Red Devil has a temperment that is very calm compared to my other Devils, but it killed the Jaguar it lived with at Shane's. We talked and decided it would go in 380 gal., and we would watch and see what happens. This is start of third day and all is good, the large Mayan gave him a hard time at first but gave up. I think the Red Devil has found a new home. Rob's barred Midas is in tank #9 split with mine. New Oscar in tank#7 still too aggressive to add to 380 gal., he will stay where he's at. Talked to Aron, he needs a powerhead and bring back a 29 gal. he borrowed from me. I have a box of powerheads, he also needs to pick a color for back panel of his 60 gal. to be painted. He's coming by Sunday. And no eggs in tank #20 yet. Ordered 5lb. pellets and 1lb. spirulina sticks from http://www.kensfish.com/ today.

No comments:

Post a Comment