Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 192 afternoon



I had some silicone leftover from the 140gal. job, so I decided to try and fix old metal frame tank with slate bottom. Third picture is of 10gal. that I took apart. I had an old bottom from a 55gal. that fit in metalframe tank. The way you fix these is to place glass panel over slate, silicone does not bond to slate. The side panel I used from 10gal. Failed!...the side panel didn't fit by 1/8" or less, and I forced it, it snapped. Cleaned up, try again later, I need a side piece thats not so tight. Female Flowerhorn in tank#11 started nesting,cleaning, full color, and tube dropped. I tried to introduce Flowerhorn from tank#4. All she did was beat him up, so I put her in tank#21 again with large male Flowerhorn, and the mating dance is on again...I'll keep you posted. Maybe eggs this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment